This job is open to women only (under the Equality Act 2010, Part 1, Schedule 9)
Job Title: Nottingham Women’s Voices Co-ordinator
Hours: 7 hours per week
Salary: £20,867 pro rata
Reporting to: Communications and Partnerships Manager
Location: Nottingham Women’s Centre
Closing date: Noon on Monday the 12th August 2019
Interview date: TBC – 20th or 22nd August 2019
Start date: wc 23rd September 2019
We’re looking for a woman to support our Women’s Voices movement in Nottingham.
What’s Nottingham Women’s Voices?
We are all women from Nottingham who would like to get to know and learn from other women in our city. The group started after the Manchester bombing and Finsbury park mosque attack. Women wanted to reassure their communities and stand together against hate. It has grown to include women of different faiths and those with none.
Nottingham Women’s Voices is a place:
To be heard
To explore what I think about things
To learn about issues
To find out facts
To get support
We speak out as a group when we don’t like what’s being said about us or people are telling us what to do.
We have a small planning group, a WhatsApp group and Facebook group to share info about events or facts about incidents. We run regular conversation cafes – a chance to talk about sensitive issues in a small group and meet women who are different to us. We have an annual event to grow the network and plan for next year.
We are open to all women. We are different but together.
Main role – to provide support to the Women’s Voices planning group.
This post will act as a link between the Planning Group and the movement members.
- To organise and minute Planning Group meetings (6 x year).
- To help co-ordinate the Women’s Voices events (6 regular events a year) with the direction from the Planning Group.
- To moderate the What’s App and Facebook page and keep the contact list up to date.
- To monitor the email inbox.
- To pick up themes from the conversations on What’s App and other social media and report back to the Planning Group for consideration as themes for future events or campaigns.
- Actively promote the NWV and all its activities and events using all available channels in order to raise the profile of the movement and recruit new members.
- To follow up on events by e.g. writing an article or a blog post, analysing any issues that emerge from events and that need a separate conversation or a focus group
- In time of crisis, get voices together e.g. by producing a press release or a social media post on behalf of the NWV
- To work with other groups interested in running events under the NWV banner including help with vetting of the group, making sure that they meet the criteria of the NWV and that the event is attended by at least 1 NWV representative)
- To work with the Cohesion Team on developing a toolkit to train women to facilitate conversations under the NWV banner
- To look at setting up additional social media channels (e.g. Twitter, Instagram)
- Any other tasks as directed by the Planning Group
Due to the nature of the work it is an occupational requirement under the Equality Act 2010, Part 1, Schedule 9 for the post holder to be female.
We offer a generous amount of leave, opportunities for flexible working, personal development and a supportive working environment that includes access to an employee assistance programme.
In line with our fair recruitment practices, we do not accept CVs. Please download the application form below and complete this in conjunction with the job description/person specification. You’ll also find some guidance notes below to explain our processes and help you to fill in the application form.
Completed application forms should be returned to [email protected] or posted to Nottingham Women’s Centre, 30 Chaucer Street, Nottingham, NG1 5LP